Happier with Gretchen Rubin is a podcast from the Panoply network. The following is a curated list of all the "Try This at Home" suggestions related to the RELATIONSHIPS.
Episode no. Try This at Home Suggestion
8. Give warm hellos and good-byes.
21. Join or start a group.
23. Choose an office TV show.
36. Think about a few people in your life, identify their Tendencies, and try to put that knowledge to use.
37. If you’re an Obliger, or you’re around an Obliger (which you surely are), help the Obliger to figure out a system of outer accountability so the Obliger can meet an inner expectation.
47. Control your exit.
51. Disguise the fact that you can’t remember something important about someone—such as that person’s name.
60. Let people do their job.
66. Only give advice when it’s asked for. Harder than it sounds.
69. Give someone a surprise treat. This is fun!
70. Remember to ask for advice. People can really be helpful.
79. Revive a dormant friendship.
88. Celebrate a holiday breakfast.
104. Have a “life story conversation.”
107. Plan a secret date
114. Say you’re sorry.
119. Make friends with people of different ages. Hearing about their different experiences is helpful, and also makes life richer.
120. Try the Better app — it’s free, fun, and informative. No try this at home for this very special episode.
124. Remember love. When someone is bugging us, often we can re-frame the situation by remembering: this person’s annoying behavior is an expression of love.
127. Make or accept a “repair attempt.”
128. Connect through television.
146. Introduce a note of whimsy. A little whimsy is a way to poke fun at yourself, lighten a difficult situation, or just make life more light-hearted.
156. Kiss in the morning, kiss at night.
158. Create a standardized vacation.
161. Embrace the cheese. In Elizabeth's case, Valentine's Day.
163. Have a weekly phone date
175. Plan a nice little surprise.
181. Practice reverse gossip.