In episode 2 I share some of the news making headlines in Switzerland and I try to address the listener question about language and the barriers language can cause for an expat.
Music - Song: Schimbrigjodel by the Jodlerklub Schüpfheim
Music - Song: Jetzt wemmer eis jödele by Rudolf «Ruedi» Rymann
Chapter 1 - 00:00-01:45 Intro
30th Swiss Jodler Fest 22-25 June 2017
Chapter 2 - 01:45-03:40 What's making news in Switzerland?
- German speeder says he won't return to Switzerland for prison sentence
- Cross border workers continue to climb
- Basel rejects votes for foreigners and 16 year olds
- Ticino police arrest man with suspected IS links
- Geneva to offer thousands of illegal immigrants work permits
- Swiss banks urged to pull out of pipeline deal
- Swiss Air Force increases 'opening hours'
Chapter 3 - 03:40-19:30 Language Barriers
Listener question from Cara in the US - "How do you deal with the language barrier or is it even a barrier?"
Chapter 4 - 19:30-22:00 4 language comparison
Special thanks this week to Cara for submitting the question for today’s episode!
You can listen to the show from iTunes, stitcher and soundcloud.
For more of one life as an expat, follow me on Facebook and Twitter where you can also ask me questions to be answered on the show.
If you liked this episode please tell one friend and leave a rating or review.